You can be from any background, but if you are considering how to open a preschool, then this might be the right time to step into this field. Initial investment and budget should be the foremost concern in your mind. This guide acquaints you with the various benefits of opening a play school and the investment potential required for the same.
Benefits of opening a play school
Some of the top best points in favor of opening a preschool in India are as follows:
- You will have the opportunity to work in an environment with children
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to children’s development in their early formative years
- You can find adventure in accepting the challenge of entrepreneurship
- Although standard and proven curriculum and methods will be in place, you can also introduce your own educational techniques
You will be adding value to the community around you. As a playschool owner, you will be seen as an educator, someone who provides jobs in the community, and all of this will help build a positive image of you.
Location and Facilities
- Find a suitable location for your preschool that meets safety and space requirements.
- Ensure the facility has age-appropriate classrooms, play areas, bathrooms, and outdoor space.
- Obtain any required permits or inspections for your facility.
Enrollment and Marketing:
- Develop a marketing strategy to attract parents and promote your preschool.
- Create a website and social media presence to showcase your preschool and its unique features.
- Host open houses, parent information sessions, and tours to introduce prospective parents to your facility and curriculum.
Curriculum and Staffing:
- Develop a comprehensive curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards.
- Hire qualified and experienced staff members who are trained in early childhood development.
- Determine the staff-to-student ratio based on local regulations and the age group you will serve.
Franchising is one of the best ways to open a preschool in the current market. This means quick setup, fast returns, existing marketplace, brand recognition and trust, and much more. The curriculum, educational programs, and most policies are already established.
Cost of opening a playschool
There are many costs involved in setting up your own preschool. However, things can be much easier if you choose to be part of a franchise. Find out the various costs involved in franchising.
If you want to be a part of a reputed Playschool chain, it would be necessary to pay a certain franchise fee. This fee is seen as payment for leveraging their brand name and reputation. The fee is an initial payment. If you want to be a part of a reputed chain then you can expect to pay up to 5 lakhs.
Franchise set-up Cost
Setting up your business, mainly covering the infrastructure, is going to be the biggest investment part. This can include areas such as furnishings, equipment, and buildings or spaces. You can expect to invest up to 12 lakhs and above in setting up your playschool.
The franchisor is also required to pay certain royalties as long as you remain a part of their chain. This is usually a percentage of the revenue generated by your school. Royalties are paid once a year.
So if you are looking to open a playschool, make sure to keep all these cost factors in mind. Typically, you should be able to start your school in a facility that measures no less than 180 square meters. The more space you have, the better. This can allow you to add more features and amenities to provide a better overall experience to your students and staff.